JCC CenterStage Auditions
Thursday, February 1, 2018 | Uncategorized
Auditions for Hairspray and Into the Woods
March 3 & 10, 2018
Auditions for The Full Monty, Annie, and Spamalot will take place August 11 & 12, 2018: Check back in July 2018 for signups.
MUST BE 14 or OLDER.
Hairspray performances run July 19 – August 5
Into the Woods performances run October 18 – November 4
Those auditioning for Hairspray have a mandatory dance audition. Dance auditionees have a choice of March 3 & 10 (4-5:30 pm both days). It is preferred that your dance audition date be on the same date as your music/monologue audition but is not required, should you have a conflict.
All shows are subject to copyright and royalty agreements and may be changed at any time.
New to CenterStage, please prepare:
16 bars of a Broadway show tune, memorized
One-minute monologue, memorized
Returning Company Members, please prepare:
Two 16-bar selections from roles you are interested in from our upcoming season, memorized
If you would like to prepare a one-minute monologue (memorized) instead of one of the songs, you are welcome to do so.
Information for Everyone:
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment
- Please bring music for the accompanist. NO taped or pre-recorded accompaniments
- This audition is for those 14 and older ONLY. We will have auditions for younger roles in the August audition for ANNIE, one boy role (play age 12) in THE FULL MONTY
- Upon arrival, you will fill out an audition form and asked to indicate which shows you are interested in. Please look carefully at your calendars in advance to be sure you are actually available (rehearsals and performances) for the shows you wish to be considered for
- Having a couple conflicts during rehearsals is okay! Just make sure you write them on your audition form
- Too may conflicts, or conflicts during tech/performances, is not viable for a role with our company
- Please bring a current headshot (8” x 10” preferred) and resume
- People can sign up for half an hour blocks. For example, if you sign up for a 1 p.m. spot, you will be seen between 1-1:30 p.m.
Rehearsals for Productions
- Most rehearsals start 6 weeks before opening night.
- Most rehearsals are from 7-10:30 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays and anywhere between 2-9 p.m. Sundays. Tech week rehearsals are every day, Sunday through Wednesday, before opening night from roughly 6:30-11:30 p.m.
- NO ONE cast in a production can have a conflict for tech week or any show dates. We do not have understudies.
Louisville's Got Talent 2018
Monday, January 15, 2018 | Uncategorized
Louisville’s Got Talent
Louisville’s Got Talent, CenterStage’s youth talent competition, is back! Youths, ages 6-18, from across Louisville will come together to compete for cash prizes and the opportunity to be seen by local talent agencies and directors. Louisville’s Got Talent is a fundraiser to benefit Acting Out, CenterStage’s professional touring children’s theatre.
First Round Auditions:
February 11, 2018 | 3-6 p.m.
Register for auditions HERE
The Top 20 Finalists will compete in a live Grand Finale on Sunday, March 25 at 7 p.m. Tickets will be on sale soon.
Ages 6-12: One winner receives $300
Ages 13-18: One winner receives $300
People’s Choice Winner: $150
GRAND PRIZE WINNER*: $500
All 20 finalists receive special recognition.
Tickets for Final Showcase: Children (10 or under): $7; Adults: $12
All County Chorus Auditions
Thursday, September 17, 2015 | AUDITIONS
All-County JR SSA Chorus (7th-9th graders)
Auditions will be held on Thursday, Oct. 16, 2014 at Jefferson County Traditional Middle School from 4pm to 6:30pm. Students will audition one at a time. Students will audition on My Country Tis of Thee and a scale. Music is available from your chorus teacher.
There will be a non-refundable $30 participation fee for those students who are selected for the event. The students who participate will be provided with lunch at the all-day rehearsal and will receive a JCPS All-County Music Festival t-shirt.
*Students MUST have their music, black folder and pencil at all rehearsals and the concert.
- Thursday, January 15th, 2015 at JCTMS from 6pm-8pm
- Tuesday, January 20th, 2015 at JCTMS from 6pm-8pm
- Thursday, January 22nd, 2015 at Sallie Durrett Auditorium on Male HS Campus from 8:30am-3pm (The rehearsal is in the Sallie Durrett Auditorium. Do not enter the school.)
In order to provide the students with the best experience possible, it is imperative that the students have their music prepared prior to the 1st rehearsal, be on time to every rehearsal and have a positive attitude and behavior. Students must attend the rehearsals to participate. There will be adult supervision for students 30 minutes prior to the rehearsals and the performance and 30 minutes after. Parents are responsible for transportation to all rehearsals and the performance.
Thursday, January 22nd, 2015 at Sallie Durrett Auditorium on Male HS Campus at 7pm *The concert is free to the public.
Concert attire for the gentlemen will be black pants, black shoes, white dress shirt and tie. Concert attire for the young ladies will be black pants or skirt (knee length), white blouse and black shoes.